Workshop: Unemployed and Looking for Answers – What they need: Information, Resources and Support
Participants will receive helpful and practical information and resources for where to find information, resources and support for their job search process; how to transition into a new direction for a new career; and how to address their educational needs and questions; how to address and meet financial, personal, and emotional needs; how to discern where their priorities should be so they can discern what to do next.
- Learning Outcomes:
- Understand that the world is in a constant state of rapid change.
- Know three primary category of needs for most unemployed people.
- Know how to identify their individual needs.
- Know where to get the necessary Information to address their needs.
- Identify appropriate Resources to address their individual needs.
- Identify appropriate sources of Support to address their individual needs.
- Will prioritize their individual needs.
- Identify their next step in dealing with their employment status.
- Workshop Presenter:
- OC One-Stop:
- OC One-Stop:
- Related Videos:
- Technology is replacing jobs. Are you ready? (Slope of the Curve)
- Did you Know? (Shift Happens)
- What is the ‘real’ unemployment rate?
- Stress: “How stress affects your brain”
- Stress: “How stress affects your body”
- Metaphorical Image: “Resisting Change”
- (Equals ‘expensive, obsolete dinosaur who needs to get out of the way of progress’)
- Related Resources from External Organizations:
- Related Articles from External Sources:
- There Are 5 Stages Of Job Loss Depression
- Unemployment and Mental Health
- Someone you love is out of work and stuck. Really stuck.
- Overcoming anger and fear after layoffs
- Upskill yourself: You can teach an “older” dog new tricks
- 10 Things You Can Do If You Feel Lack Of Support
- How to Avoid 5 Major Types of Job Scams
- Avoid Job Scams: 9 Characteristics of Scam Jobs
- Explaining unemployment in the job interview
- What I’ve Learned About Unemployment And Being Poor After Applying For 215 Jobs
- Education Resources:
- Career Decision-Making Difficulty Questionnaire (Why are you having difficulty deciding on career choices?)
- Educational Opportunities for Unemployed Workers (Federal government resource)
- Eligible Training Provider List (California)
- Online Tutorial from Lynda.com: “Recovering from a Layoff”
- Career Coach (California Community College) – Research education/career options
- Resources for Meeting Needs: